Application Deadline:MAY 15, 2018
Women Photograph+ Nikon Grants
These $5,000 grants will support photography projects — either new or in-progress — from visual journalists working in a documentary capacity. Five grants are available, one of which will be earmarked for a non-binary or transgender photographer.
Applicants are encouraged to submit a story, rather than singles, as part of the grant application. The images need not be related to the project proposal. Multimedia projects are welcome.
Women Photograph + Getty Images Grant
- Women Photograph has partnered with Getty Images to award a $10,000 grant in support of an ongoing documentary project from a professional photojournalist who has demonstrated a long-term commitment to their story.
- Applicants should submit portfolios of 20-25 images indicating that a substantial amount of work has already been completed, and that the photographer has a clear vision of what further work is needed to complete the project.
- Additional consideration will be given to applicants who evince a personal connection to – and engagement with – the communities they cover.
- These grants are open to women and non-binary documentary photographers of any nationality.
- There is no fee to apply.
- Applications must be submitted in English.
- For all grants, half of the funding will be disbursed at the beginning of the project, and half upon completion.
- Grantees will retain full ownership of all work completed. Women Photograph, Getty Images, and Nikon may all ask for the use of promotional images to be used explicitly in conjunction with promoting the photographer, the work, and the grants.
For More Information: