The Girls Impact the World Film Festival is an annual event that focuses on issues facing women and girls around the world. High school and undergraduate students, submit your 3-6 minute short films that address global women’s issues such as: education for girls, maternal health, violence against women and girls, and a variety of other issues.
- Students enrolled in high school or undergraduate programs are qualified to enter. If chosen as a finalist, filmmakers must provide proof of enrollment at their school/university. (Special circumstances may be considered for youth who are not in school.)
- Filmmakers must be 25 years old or under by the submission date
- You may enter up to TWO films as long as they address two separate topics.
- Films must be 3 to 6 minutes long.
– They must focus on a Girls Impact the World topic and/or propose solutions to one critical challenge within that topic.
- Films must be created after January 1, 2018.
- Be an original film that does NOT contain copyrighted material.
- Original work should never be a copy or remake of another film. All Girls Impact the World Film Festival film submission must be original works made entirely by students. That means that scripts and storyboards, directing, cinematography, editing, etc., must be done by students aged 25 and under although teachers and advisers can offer input.
- Actors and film subjects may be non-students.
- Powerpoints will not be accepted.
- Winners will be awarded over $25K in prizes! The Red Carpet Event for the 2019 awards ceremony will be held in Austin, TX, USA on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
Submit Your Film to Win Amazing Prizes and Internship Opportunities
Judges’ Choice Grand Prize: $5000
Judges’ Choice 1st Runner Up: $2500
Judges’ Choice 2nd Runner Up: $1000
Gems’ Choice Grand Prize: $1000
People’s Choice Winner: $2500 (based on the total number of fb likes + tweets – winner will be chosen from top 10 most popular) *
Most Innovative Film or Solution prize: $1000
Ian Somerhalder Foundation Green IS Prize – $2500
HONEST BEAUTY Prize – $2500
Global Impact Prize: $2,500
Stand Up Men Prize: $2,500
Girls in STEM Prize: $2,000
Let Girls Learn Prize: $1,000
2019 SUBMISSION FORM / Questions? email@example.com
Before submitting, please check:
1)Does your film address at least one of the GITW issue areas (see guidelines page)?
1A) GREEN IS entries, please check box below, “Enter this film into the Green IS Contest”.
2)Is your film between 3 – 6 minutes?
3)Are you a current high school or undergraduate student?
4)Is your submission an ORIGINAL film?
5)Did you include the End Marker still image in your film?
Please read ALL Film Requirements before submitting your film.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2019
For More Information: