Application Deadline: September 1st 2017
|Cohort 8||17/08/2017 8:00 AM GMT||01/09/2017 11:59 PM GMT||30/10/2017||1/12/2017|
|Cohort 5 Online||08/08/2017 8:00 AM GMT||01/09/2017 11:59 PM GMT||01/09/2017||30/09/2017|
Apply for the Young African Leadership Initiative (YALI) Regional Leadership Center (RLC) Emerging Leaders Program – A President Barak Obama and USAID youth initiative!
United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the RLC are enthusiastic about establishing the YALI Emerging Leaders Program to provide the tools, opportunities and leadership skills tailored to empowering young African leaders across West Africa.
The YALI Emerging Leaders Program is seeking to gather a diverse group of leaders who are trying to make Africa better. Emerging leaders take many forms—they can rise up in their communities, organizations, schools or businesses. They can be tall or small, loud or quiet, an executive or a community organizer—together, leaders drive change.
The Emerging Leaders Program will teach young African leaders about modern leadership over a period of 17 weeks. The program will be broken down into four phases – a 5 week coursework phase delivered in-person in Accra, Ghana, or online and the remaining 12 weeks (back home) distributed equally among a mentorship program, internship or community service, and a report writing period. Focusing on the onsite 5 weeks coursework phase, it will entail three core courses (Leadership and Accountability, Ethics, and Contemporary issues affecting Africa) and one elective track that you select based on your goals, namely Business and Entrepreneurship, Civil Society Leadership and Public Service Management.
- At the end of the programs participants will be awarded with certificate and become a member of the yali alumini
- Participants will be taken through various forms of leadership and prepare them for leadership role in their various endeavors.
- Participants will acquire and understand modern concepts, policies and practices to effectively manage people
Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, gender, religion, socio-economic status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. The management of the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra reserves the right to verify all of the information included in the application
Competition for the YALI Regional Leadership Center West Africa is a merit-based and open to young West African leaders who meet the following criteria:
- Are 18 to 35 years of age at the time of application submission,
- Are citizens and residents of one of the following countries: Ghana, Nigeria, Togo, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Liberia, Sierra Leone, The Gambia and Burkina Faso
- Are not U.S. citizens or permanent residents of the U.S.
- Are eligible to receive any necessary visa to Ghana/Nigeria, and
- Are proficient in reading, writing, listening and speaking English.
If you are selected to participate in the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra program, all of the following expenses will be covered by the program:
- Visa to Accra (if required)
- Round-trip travel from your country of citizenship* to Accra, Ghana
- Transportation to/from kotoka International Airport to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra for all non-Ghanaian participants
- For Ghanaian, transportation to/from the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra will be provided for from your location of residence
- Customized academic and leadership course;
- Accident and sickness benefit plan
- Housing and meals
- Stipend to cover miscellaneous costs when in Accra.
* The Program will only cover your transportation costs to and from Ghana if you are residing within one of the countries served by the YALI Regional Leadership Center, West Africa – Accra. If you reside outside of the defined region, YALI will only pay the cost of transportation to/from Accra from your country of citizenship and you will be required to cover any additional costs
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the YALI West Africa Regional Programme 2017