Application Deadline: 1st May, 2018
Enter the Journalism Now Scholar competition for the chance to win an all-expenses-paid place on the 2018 Thomson Foundation summer course.
Journalism Now is a series of online interactive courses designed and led by industry experts providing the latest in digital and multimedia skills. The global learning environment gives exclusive access to live training and mentoring sessions, run by leading journalists, and a unique knowledge-sharing platform.
Every summer, international journalists come to London to attend Thomson Foundation’s digital and multimedia course. The result is a unique community that now extends to hundreds of journalists worldwide, all with cutting-edge skills in different media.
One competition winner – along with the next cohort of international journalists all looking to sharpen their multiplatform skills – will be given the opportunity to come to London and spend five weeks working with top industry mentors.
- The competition is open to entrants aged 18 or over.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- Participation in Thomson Foundation’s digital and multimedia summer course – a five-week long intensive training programme in London (from 6th August to 7th September, 2018) with a week’s work experience in a UK media organisation.
1) Enrol on your first Journalism Now online course (if you haven’t already enrolled on a course). You can browse through all of our live courses here.
2) Once you’ve enrolled on a course of your choice, log in to the Journalism Now platform (details on how to log in will be given once you enrol), find the Journalism Now Scholar channel and register your intent to participate in the competition by posting a piece of work that you have completed.
3) Next, you need to complete FIVE courses successfully. All of our Journalism Now courses are self-paced. Some courses can be completed within three hours over multiple sessions, others up to six hours, on average. You have until 1st May to complete all five courses.
For any queries relating to your application for the Journalism Now Scholar competition, please email: email@example.com
For More Information: