If you are a PhD student, postdoctoral researcher or senior scientist in an EU Eastern Partnership country or in Russia, you can apply for a scholarship for research visits to Sweden.
Research visits in Sweden up to 12 months
- Application period: 16 October-15 December 2017 for the academic year 2018/2019.
- About 45 scholarships will be offered.
Included in the scholarship
- SEK 15,000 montly grant for living expenses for PhD students
- SEK 18,000 montly grant for living expenses for postdocs and senior researchers
- Membership in the SI Network for Future Global Leaders (NFGL)
Apply if you match one of the following criterias
The scholarship provides PhD students and postdoctoral researchers of all ages with an opportunity to conduct research at Swedish universities. PhD students, postdoctoral researchers and senior scientists within all academic disciplines may apply. The stay in Sweden should match one of the following criterias:
- PhD studies – PhD students/candidates applying for one long-term visit; 6, 9 or 12 months
- Postdoctoral research – postdoctoral research long-term visit, 6, 9 or 12 months. Holders of a PhD degree, preferably from 2013 or later.
- Senior research – holders of a PhD degree who do not fit into the category of postdoctoral researchers, above, invited to Sweden for research, 6 months maximum.
- Sandwich model – PhD students, postdocs and senior researchers applying for a scholarship over several shorter visits; maximum three research visits per year, over three years. Each visit must be a minimum of 1 month. The total number equals the months you may apply for stated above, and must be carried out before the end of 2020.
Submit the application online using the Swedish Institute application portal. Complete all the mandatory fields and attach all required documents. Only submit the application once and wait until you receive a confirmation email with your reference number. The reference number should be used whenever contacting SI with inquiries in regard to the scholarship application. If you cannot find the confirmation email in your inbox, make sure to check your spam filter before contacting SI.
Application deadline is 24:00 CET on Friday 15 December 2017.