Application Deadline: November 10th 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs gives priority to candidates from emerging countries and above all to those who are underrepresented in French universities and higher education institutions: Asia, Latin America, Eastern Europe and new members of the EU and the Middle East.
Sciences Po only presents applications from candidates with profiles that match the priorities of the Eiffel scholarship. If you are offered a place to study at Sciences Po, we will inform you whether your application will be proposed to Campus France (the organisation in charge of this scholarship).
Applications received from students currently studying abroad are prioritised over those from students already living in France.
Students cannot apply directly for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application. In order to apply, you must have already been accepted to a programme at Sciences Po. For your application to be successful, it is essential that you respect our deadlines.
The Eiffel scholarship programme, launched in January 1999 by the French Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs, is aimed at foreign students whose outstanding ability has been recognised by French institutions of higher education who wish to sponsor these students for the rest of their studies.
The programme is primarily designed to provide an education in France to future decision makers in both the private sector and in the national administrations of emerging countries.
Are eligible to the Eiffel Scholarship
Candidates must be under 30 years old.
Sciences Po candidates
- Applicants for our graduate programmes
- Applicants for the dual degree in Journalism / Columbia (BAMA) (who are already first year students at Columbia’s university School of Journalism)
Sciences Po students
- Third year Sciences Po students
- Second year undergraduate students in one of our partnership programmes at Poitiers campus
- First year graduate student at Science Po
- Students admitted last year in their first year as a graduate student who requested a deferral
- Students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission if they submit an English test before the scholarship application deadline.
- PhD students who are co-supervised or presenting a joint thesis with a partner university
- Students admitted to the following dual degree programme (other Sciences Po dual degree programme are not eligible for this scholarship):
- Journalism Sciences Po/Columbia University (candidates for this programme are eligible)
- Sciences et Politiques de l’Environnement Sciences Po/Université Pierre et Marie Curie (only first year students are eligible)
- Quantitative Economics Sciences Po/Panthéon Sorbonne Paris I (only first year students are eligible)
- The Eiffel laureates who graduated in June 2017and wish to submit an Eiffel application for the PhD.
The monthly grant amount for Master programmes will be confirmed soon by Campus France.
The Eiffel Scholarship does not cover tuition fees. Students offered a place to study at Sciences Po who receive the scholarship are therefore responsible for paying the annual tuition fees.
Length of the scholarship
The Eiffel Scholarship is awarded for the length of time needed to complete the course for which students have applied. This is subject to students fulfilling the academic obligations during each year of the course.
Reminder: Students cannot apply directly for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications must be made through a higher education institution. If you are studying in two higher education institutions, you can only submit a single application.
First time applicants who wish to be presented for the Eiffel scholarship by Sciences Po must indicate so in the “Financial Information” section of their Sciences Po application form and must provide the required documents. Please note that your scholarship request will be taken into account only in case of admission.
Students already admitted at Sciences Po, students admitted last year who have received a conditional offer of admission or students admitted last year in their first graduate year who requested a deferral have to send their Eiffel Scholarship application by email to the Admissions office by attaching the required documents : Admissions contact form
All candidates must attach the following documents to their scholarship application :
- CV, including information on the applicant’s level (distinction/honours, ranking or position in the promotion, number of students in the promotion, diploma with information on specialisation, date of the diploma, final grades)
- professional project, one or two pages. The applicant must explain the reasons for studying in France as opposed to their home country, their interest for the selected programme and how this will help them achieve their career goals and objectives.
- academic transcripts all of the years of higher education (including periods spent abroad on exchange programmes)
- Language test certificates (french and/or english) if necessary
- Students already admitted at Sciences Po (including applicants who deferred their arrival or those who received conditional offer last year) : 3rd November 2017
- First time applicants: 10th November 2017
The deadline for applications set by Sciences Po is not the date at which applications must be received by Campus France. Indeed, it is necessary to have been offered a place at Sciences Po in order to be eligible for the Eiffel Scholarship. Applications received after this date will not be processed. These dates are mandatory and cannot be modified.
Students already admitted at Sciences Po must send their Eiffel Scholarship application by email, directly to the Admissions department by 3rd November 2017 at the latest: Admissions contact form
Information on the selection of your application will be communicated in January 2018.
Eiffel scholarship results will be published on Campus France’s website by the end of March 2018 (2018 schedule will be confirmed soon by Campus France).
For any further information: Admissions contact form (01.45.49.50.82).