Application Deadline: April 2nd 2017
School of Data is inviting journalists, civil society advocates and anyone interested in pushing data literacy forward to apply for its 2017 Fellowship and Data Expert Programmes, which will run from April to December 2017. Up to 10 positions are open, with an application deadline set on Sunday, April 2nd of 2017.
Fellowships are nine-month placements with School of Data for data-literacy practitioners or enthusiasts. During this time, Fellows work alongside School of Data to build an individual programme that will make use of both the collective experience of School of Data’s network to help Fellows gain new skills, and the knowledge that Fellows bring along with them, be it about a topic, a community or specific data literacy challenges.
Similarly to previous years, our aim with the Fellowship programme is to increase awareness of data literacy and build communities who together, can use data literacy skills to make the change they want to see in the world.
The 2017 Fellowship will continue the thematic approach pioneered by the 2016 class. As a result, we will be prioritising candidates who:
- possess experience in, and enthusiasm for, a specific area of data literacy training
- can demonstrate links with an organisation practising in this defined area and/or links with an established network operating in the field
The Data Expert programme
Launched formally for the first time this year, the Data Expert programme aims to strengthen the ability of strategic civil society organisations that are strategically positioned to bring about social change in their field of expertise to manage and deliver data driven projects. The Data Expert Programme was designed to complement the School of Data Fellowship and for it, we are recruiting a slightly different profile. Data Experts are expected to be more senior than fellows, with demonstrable technical and project management skills. By matching these individuals with the selected partner organisations, while providing them support through our network and partners, we expect to create a decisive impact on the use of data within key civil society organisations around the world
We will consequently prioritise individuals who:
- possess relevant experience and expertise in the technical areas our local partners need help with
- can demonstrate a strong interest in the field of activity of the civil society organisation they will be supporting
Key Information: Fellowship
- Available positions: up to 10 fellows. Learn more.
- Application deadline: April 2nd, 2017, midnight GMT+0
- Duration: From April 15th, 2017 to December 31st, 2017
- Level of activity: 10 days per month
- Stipend: $1000 USD per month
Key Information: Data Expert Programme
* Available positions: 2 Experts, in Uganda and Tanzania. Learn more.
* Application deadline: April 2nd, 2017, midnight GMT+0
* Duration: From April 15th, 2017 to December 31st, 2017
* Level of activity: up to 10 days per month.
* Stipend: $10,500 USD in total
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the School of Data’s Fellowship and Data Expert Programmes