Application Deadline: June 30th 2017
Entries are open for RFI Challenge App Africa with an aim to develop innovative mobile solutions in the field of girls’ education in Africa, organized by RFI through the issue of 7 billion neighbors.
The main objective of the competition will be to create an application, website, SMS service or other form of digital service (Push-Wap, MMS, Wap and Web, Audiotel) mobile / mobile to improve girls’ education in Africa, by facilitating access to information and / or services related to education, professionals in the sector and associations.
- Combating discrimination;
- Combating violence against women;
- Access to education and knowledge;
- Education of girls: information, monitoring, exchange and knowledge-sharing services.
The winner will receive a grant of 15,000 euros to develop his project.
- The “RFI Challenge App Africa” ??contest is organized for all people, groups of people, or organizations resident in Africa.
- Criteria for participation:
- The competition is open to all entrepreneurs, media and organizations within the limits defined in the contest rules.
- All levels, from beginners to development experts
- Individuals and non-governmental or development assistance organizations based in Africa involved in the design and / or implementation of education programs in Africa.
- Eligible Countries: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cabo Verde, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Republic of the Congo, Democratic Republic of the, Cote d’Ivorie, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
The selection criteria for the selected projects are as follows:
- Be an innovative, relevant and applicable African solution with the African context
- Involving African stakeholders
- Responding to a demand and focusing on a real need
- Include some forms of evaluation
- To prove its effectiveness in improving the education of girls in Africa.
- Proposing an evolving plan: Beyond showing how the solution can improve access to services outside its initial context, a sustainable development plan must be proposed.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the RFI Challenge App Africa