Application Deadline: July 31st 2017
Rest and Refuge Scholarship is a project run by Reporters without Borders Germany and taz Panter Foundation, a non-profit organization linked to die tageszeitung (taz), a daily newspaper in Berlin.
RWB invite two journalists from countries in crisis or war to stay in Berlin. RWB offer them a time of refuge and rest up to three months. The first journalist will be invited from September to November 2017, the second from March to May 2018.
- Journalists who need a time out from their difficult working conditions. This might be the case after covering stories in an oppressive environment or after covering stories in war or unrest.
- Journalists who feel the need to lie low awhile and get out of the view of state security because of their journalistic work.
- Travel expenses, a decent apartment, pocket money and free transportation in Berlin for up to three months.
- Participants may completely withdraw from public life, use the time for writing or thinking, or they may want to explore political life in Berlin.
- Off course we would be of help in that.
- Participants have to be able to communicate in basic English or in German.
- Participants should have a relevant working-experience as journalists.
- They must have the intention to return to their country after three months.
How to apply
Please use the application form and send the other requested documents to: email@example.com. The deadline for applications is 31 July 2017.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Reporters without Borders Rest and Refuge Scholarship 2017