Application Deadline: midnight (GMT) on Sunday 23 April 2017.
The Positive Action for Children Fund Scholarship Programme combines completion of a health/development-focused qualifying MSc programme with practical industry experience to equip students with the knowledge and skills to be effective advocates and catalysts of change in their home country, with a particular focus on championing the role of community interventions in contributing to the HIV and global health response.
The programme’s objectives are to:
- build knowledge, understanding and skills in global health theory;
- apply this learning within the development industry context through practical experience;
- develop strategies to address in-country health gaps and accelerate country-level responses, with a particular focus on community-led interventions; and
- grow in-country advocates and catalysts for positive change in HIV/AIDS programming.
Two highly competitive PACF Scholarships are available to applicants from sub-Saharan Africa intending to study at London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine on a one-year, full-time, London-based 2017-18 qualifying MSc programme. The qualifying programmes are: MSc Control of Infectious Diseases, MSc Epidemiology, MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing, MSc Public Health, and MSc Reproductive & Sexual Health Research.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must
- be nationals of, and resident in, countries in sub-Saharan Africa; and
- intend to return to sub-Saharan Africa on completion of their MSc year at the School; and
- have 2 years experience working with within community-based HIV/AIDS and/or public health interventions, and
- confirm (by submitting an application for this scholarship) that s/he would not otherwise be able to pay for their proposed programme of study, and
- agree to undertaking a 3 month placement with PACF, in their London office, during the summer (whilst simultaneously undertaking their MSc project); and
- meet the School’s minimum English language requirements, as required for admission to study, if short-listed; and
- hold an offer of admission for 2017-18 for one of the following London-based MSc programmes of study:
- MSc Control of Infectious Diseases
- MSc Epidemiology
- MSc Health Policy, Planning & Financing
- MSc Public Health
- MSc Reproductive & Sexual Health.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should complete both steps below by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 1: Submit an application for an eligible 2017-18 London-based MSc programme of study, as per instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the relevant programme of study page, ensuring that all necessary supplementary documents (including references) are submitted via the Admissions portal as soon as possible to ensure that an offer of admission is held by the scholarship deadline.
- Step 2: Submit an online scholarships application, selecting the option ‘PACF MSc Scholarships’. A completed Supplementary Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of the Scholarship application. (This is the only document which should be uploaded on the Scholarships online application.)
Deadline The scholarship deadline is midnight (GMT) on Sunday 23 April 2017.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Positive Action for Children Fund Scholarship Programme