Application Deadline: May 21st 2017
- Are you a young musician, DJ, composer, singer-songwriter, instrumentalist from a developing or transition country, and between 20 – 30 years old?
- Do you want to work professionally in the music field, with your own label or booking agency or want to make your music more target-oriented?
- If you have some early experiences in your field already, Pop-Kultur Nachwuchs will help you to reach the next level.
It’s going down on August 23rd and August 24th in a couple of locations at Kulturbrauerei Berlin. International professionals give personal insights into their work and share their expert knowledge through workshops, case studies and talks with you – lively and practical instead of dry and formal. Among them are Pop-Kultur acts such as Noveller, Throwingshade and Circuit des Yeux. More mentors & courses will be announced soon.
Once more the program offers spots to talents from all over the world. Hence, you’ll be able to network across borders.
Furthermore, in the run-up of Pop-Kultur from August 16th to August 22nd, we plan activities to experience Music City Berlin: studio visits, short mentorships in selected companies of the Berlin creative industries, listening sessions and meetings with scholarship holders of Musicboard Berlin GmbH. Other activities, such as visiting the evening program of the Atonal Festival, will be taking place during the week before Pop-Kultur.
Applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Should be aged between 20 and 30 years old
- Should prepare a short presentation of 15 min
- Must be fluent in English (tests and interviews will be conducted by Goethe-Institut)
- Must have experience in a specific musical sector and present at least three projects
- The participation fee, accommodation, travel expenses, hospitality (per diem of 10€) will be covered by Goethe-Institut within the period of August 16th to August 26th 2017.
- Goethe-Institut will book flights, cover the costs and will help with visa issues. Additionally Musicboard will grant the talents a Festival Ticket plus access to Pop-Kultur’s networking area for professionals, provides for accommodation (breakfast included), health insurance and public transportation.
- Every participant should prepare a short input talk (15 min.) in advance about his/her experience in the music field so far and the music scene in his/her respective country.
- Advanced English skills are crucial as there is no translation available. You will be tested in advance by the local Goethe-Institut.
- You need work experience in a specific music field. We require proof of at least 3 projects.
- You have to cover all additional expenses that might occur during your stay.
- If you are not boarding your flight or cancel the program on short notice, you are obliged to reimburse Goethe-Institut/Musicboard for accrued expenses.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Pop-Kultur 2017 Goethe Institut Talents Scholarship