Application Deadline: September 15th, 2017
Finding a language for life – the Arts Foundation of North Rhine-Westphalia and the Pina Bausch
Foundation have been following up on Pina Bausch’s credo since 2016 with a codeveloped grant programme and award the Pina Bausch Fellowship for Dance and Choreography.
• for a residence at renowned institutions for dance and choreography abroad,
• for a non-paid participation in an ensemble or a placement with a choreo-grapher at home or abroad,
• for the studies of dance techniques with renowned personalities at home or abroad.
The scholarship holders are getting the chance to gain new experiences and are encouraged to develop their own artistic characteristics with new forms of expression. The Pina Bausch Fellowship is not a project fund, nor is it aimed at the development of new pieces.
- The duration of a fellowship covers a continuous period of a minimum of three months and no longer than six months. It includes a monthly allowance of 2.500 Euros and one-time travel expenses. Up to four fellowships are granted each year.
The fellowship is promoted internationally and aims at single artists from the fields of dance and choreography (dancers and choreographers). They can apply if they meet the personal requirements.
Personal requirements for dancers
• university / academic degree in dance and / or two years professional experience with a renowned ensemble
Personal requirements for choreographers
• independent creation of at least one production with a public performance in the last three years
- In order to take part in the Fellowship programme, basic knowledge of the English language is required for purposes of communication among the Fellowship holders and the participation in formats such as the presentation of the project proposal, press meetings, and public presentations.
- Organisational handling such as email contact and travel bookings are going to be in English.
Application is possible between June 1st and September 15th, 2017 and online only on fellowship.pinabausch.org.
The application procedure requires:
• letter of motivation
• CV in tabular form
• information on the planned date and duration of the stay
• short statement about the planned stay
• letter of intent from the cooperating partner (e. g. an ensemble, a renowned person or institution from the field of dance or choreography)
• video material
- a selection of public performances (no more than three videos)
- a selection of performances in artistic productions (no more than two videos) and a recording of an artistic performance based on a task that they set for themselves (one video, no longer than five minutes)
- The grant holders are selected by an international panel and will be announced in mid-December 2017. The panel’s decision is final and incontestable.
KICK-OFF AND CONCLUSION
- The selected participants take part in an obligatory introductory week in Wuppertal from January 24th to 28th, 2018.
- Following the end of the fellowship year, they introduce their results with a lecture in Wuppertal in January 2019.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Pina Bausch Fellowship 2018 for Dance and Choreography.