The scholarship scheme aims at promoting proficiency in Information Technology at Doctorate and Masters Levels. The Scholarships are targeted at 2 persons per State of the Federal on including the FCT at masters’ level and 1 person per geo-political zone of the country at doctorate level. This will enhance human capacity building in core areas of Information Technology across Nigeria.
- To produce globally competitive human capital in the area of ICT.
- To provide opportunities for Nigerian youths to achieve their dreams especially in the area of ICT
- Create jobs/wealth in IT related field.
- Provide alternative source of revenue for Nigeria from natural resource-based to knowledge-based.
The Agency has successfully sponsored 247 Nigerian Graduates in Information Technology fields at post graduate level and 24 for doctorate. We are continually monitoring skill gaps in the field with a view to help create a capable workforce that can face the challenges of the Agency’s vision of Nigeria becoming an Information Technology driven economy.
- The Agency places an advert in two National dailies.
- The Agency opens the portal (scholarship.nitda.gov.ng) for application, which will be open for 6 weeks from the date of advent.
- Qualified applicants are shortlisted to write an aptitude test and contacted via email and SMS.
- Successful applicants are notified through email and SMS.
- Verification of original certificates and oral interview of successful applicants.
- Release of award letters to successful candidates.
CONDITIONS FOR APPLICANT
The Scholarship award is strictly based on merit and is equally distributed between the six geo-political zones for PhD and the 36 states and FCT for MSc.
The Masters programme will run for one year while the Doctorate programme is expected to run for three years.
PhD: University/Polytechnic lecturers with MSc in any Information Technology related field are eligible to apply for sponsorship.
MSc: All citizens of Nigeria with First Class or Second Class (Upper) Honours Bachelor’s degree, (B.Sc) in Information Technology related field and have not previously benefited from the Agency’s Scholarship Scheme.