Application Deadline: August 31st 2017
Job: Graduate Programmes, Internships and Trainees
Primary Location: South Africa
Organization : Support
MultiChoice is the Video Entertainment segment of the Naspers, which is a broad-based multinational media group headquartered in South Africa and Dubai with principal operations in pay television and video entertainment. The group operates in almost 50 countries in Africa. Its holding company, Naspers, is listed on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange (JSE) and has an ADR listing on the London Stock Exchange (LSE). International investors account for around 50% of its shareholder base.
An African platform operator, Video Entertainment’s expertise lies distributing media products, creating media content and selling advertising. Its key areas of operations are:
- Pay Television: direct-to-home satellite and digital terrestrial television services; and
- SVOD: subscription video on demand services across multiple online platforms with a focus on library and local content in developing markets
Operating in the majority of African countries, Video Entertainment is the leading Pay TV provider in most of the key African markets. Its strategy is to offer the best local and international content across multiple platforms to customers wherever they are.
The group’s strength lies in its focus on local language and culture, its entrepreneurial spirit and the quality of its workforce. Over the years Video Entertainment has built a successful track record of identifying trends early, adapting them for the markets in which it operates and leveraging them to maximum advantage. The group generates revenues mainly by collecting subscription fees, with a moderate contribution from advertising revenue. Its key objectives are to:
- Build its Pay TV and SVOD subscriber base
- Focus on investment and technology
- Maintain a local approach
- Provide quality service
- Attract innovative and motivated employees
The MultiChoice Graduate Program provides an overview into different roles and departments within the Video Entertainment Technology (VET) division i.e. Information Technology, Broadcast Technology as well DSTV Digital Media: whether you enjoy analytics, development, user interface design or programming there’s a place for you in our organisation.
- Have a completed a 3 year Bachelors’ Degree from a recognised South African university, by the end of the 2017 school year in the below fields of study:
- Computer Science (BSc IT)
- Computer Engineering
- Information Technology (Software Development)
- Computer Engineering
- Software Engineering
- BSc Engineering (with mechatronics)
- Be a South African citizen.
- Be willing to relocate to Johannesburg for a minimum of 12 months upon the completion of your qualification.
- Have maintained a minimum average of 65% throughout your degree.
The MultiChoice Graduate Development Program promotes personal and professional development of graduates through:
- Mentor and mentees training
- Participation in supervised work rotations
- Company orientation
- E-Learning and on-the-job learning (learning programmes are developed each year to align with the department’s goals and programme requirements)
- Support from a graduate buddy (a previous year’s graduate) and your mentor
- One-on-one engagements with your manager
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the MultiChoice Graduate Development Program