Application Deadline: 21 August 2017
Funding for a year of your studies at a TVET institution in South Africa
Macmillan Education South Africa is pleased to announce the Macmillan Education South Africa TVET ECD Scholarship for 2018.
The Macmillan Education South Africa TVET ECD Scholarship aims to develop future ECD practitioners by providing ECD/Educare students with funding for one year of their studies at a TVET institution in South Africa. The scholarship will be awarded based on financial need, and includes tuition and a contribution towards living expenses.
- be a South African citizen
- be able to provide evidence of financial need (see Section C of the application form)
- be registered, or intend to register, as a full-time Education and Development or Educare student at a public TVET College in South Africa (which must be registered with the Department ofHigher Education and Training) in 2018
- provide a completed application form, as well as all the requested supporting documents, by no later than the closing date of 21 August 2017.
To apply for this scholarship, which is based on financial need, you need to:
- Read the ‘Terms and conditions’.
- Complete the application form on pages 1-3.
- Provide a certified copy of your identification document.
- Provide an affidavit supporting proof of guardianship, if applicable.
- Provide three months’ salary slips of your parents or guardians.
- Provide a certified copy of your most recent academic results – either school or TVET college results (whichever is the most recent).
- Attach a letter of motivation. The letter must be between 250-500 words in length, and should answer the following questions:
• Why you want to study Education and Development or Educare?,
• What do you intend to do with your qualification once completed?
- Submit your application form, as well as all relevant supporting documentation, by the closing date of 21 August 2017, to TVETscholarship@macmillan.co.za.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Macmillan Education South Africa TVET ECD Scholarships 2018