Application Deadline: Oct 8th 2017
First launched in 2013, the Lexus Design Award is an international platform to identify and recognize the next generation of global creators and designers. Imagination, Craftsmanship and Design has always been a fundamental part of Lexus brand.
This year’s creative theme for the Lexus Design Award 2018 is “CO-,” a Latin prefix meaning with or together in harmony. Lexus believes that great design can ensure the harmonious coexistence of nature and society. In that sense, “CO-” is an approach that allows the brand to explore its true potential and that of the environment by creating new possibilities through collaboration, coordination and connection. Now, young designers get their turn for “CO-” to inspire them to conceive a better world.
Winners will have the opportunity to receive the unique mentorship by the worldly known top designers to develop their prototype with supported funds. Also all finalists will have their work displayed at Milan Design Week and may continuously receive global exposure at Lexus events and venues around the world.
- 1 Grand Prix Winner
- (selected from the prototype winners)
- 4 Prototype Winners
- (selected from the finalists)
- 8 Panel Finalists
- Mentor sessions with top designers to develop prototype.
- Production budget of 3 million JPY (over $25K)
- Invitation and display your designs at Milan Design Week. *Note: Only one person per entry will be invited, regardless of whether the winning works are submitted by an individual or a group.
- Call for Entries – Application Period
July 24th – Oct 8th 2017
SUBMIT YOUR DESIGN
- Finalist Screening Session
- Announcement of 12 Finalists
- Milan Design Week – Grand Prix Winner Announcement
Apr 17th – 22nd 2018
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Lexus Design Award 2018