Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program 2019Application Deadline: 6 May 2019
For the third year running, Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact, the team who leads the global partnership for Johnson & Johnson with OYW, is collaborating with OYW to offer scholarships to 12 young health leaders across the globe to participate in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program.
Johnson & Johnson Global Community Impact team supports and
champions people on the frontlines who are at the heart of delivering
care. The team believes that changing the trajectory of health for
humanity requires putting people first, so that communities and health
systems have the ability to address the health needs of the world’s most
vulnerable people. Through its global and community-based partnerships
and programs, the Team aims to support the next generation of global and
community-based health leaders to develop the skills and tools they
need to drive health and well-being in underserved communities.
As well as attending the upcoming 2019 One Young World Summit, scholarship recipients will receive individual coaching from senior Johnson & Johnson executives to further develop their aspiration, strategy and/or initiatives. In addition, all J&J OYW scholars are buddied with a team of 2019 J&J delegates over the course of the six-month program to help build and strengthen the capacity of the Scholar, through the sharing of their skills and knowledge.
- Applicants must be working on the front lines of delivering care and dedicated to health and care giving to underserved populations and communities.
- You can be a nurse, midwife, community health worker, a doctor, a social entrepreneur, a digital health expert, or working for a social enterprise, medical facility and/or a nongovernmental organization.
- If selected, Health Care Professionals classified as Government Officials within their home country will need approval from their employer and may be required to undergo an additional health care compliance approval process by Johnson & Johnson before their scholarship can be confirmed.
The Johnson & Johnson One Young World Scholarship Program runs from September 2019 – February 2020. All scholar recipients will be expected to invest 10% of their time in this program and to attend regular Johnson & Johnson webinars and calls. ?
- Participation in the 2019 Johnson & Johnson One Young World Program
- Individual coaching with senior Johnson & Johnson leaders
with 2019 Johnson & Johnson delegates in buddy teams, over the
course of the six-month program to support the Scholar through the
sharing of their skills and knowledge
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program pre-workshop and dinner on 21 October 2019
- Attendance at the J&J OYW Program debrief session & lunch on 26 October
- Participation in interactive webinars and conference calls throughout the duration of the Program
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2019 in London, United Kingdom
- The cost of travel to and from London (economy flights only)
- Hotel accommodation in a single room from 21-25 October inclusive
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch and dinner, during these days
- Transport between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue
- Summit hand-outs and support materials
- Important: Selected scholars must be
available to commit 10% of their time to the program, over the 6-month
program period (September 2019 – February 2020)
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative idea
- Interest and engagement in sharing and learning from others
enthusiastic, pro-active, creative, eager to improve, not afraid to
change the status quo, team player, good communicator and project
For More Information: