Application Deadline: October 1st 2017
Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research (JNCASR) is a well-known multidisciplinary research institute. JNCASR’s mandate is to pursue and promote world-class scientific research and training at the frontiers of science and engineering. The Centre was established in 1989 by the Department of Science and Technology of the Government of India, to mark the birth centenary of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru. Researchers at the Centre are divided into six units: Chemistry and Physics of Materials, Engineering Mechanics, Evolutionary and
Organismal Biology, Molecular Biology and Genetics, Theoretical Sciences, Educational Technology and Geodynamics.
- Applicant (other than Indian) possessing Doctorate or Master’s Degree in Science or equivalent degree in Engineering/ Medicine and allied disciplines, below 45 years of age affiliated to a scientific or academic institution in a developing country (Other than India).
Scope and Duration of Fellowship
- The Fellowship provides an opportunity for young scientists, teachers and researchers from the developing countries to undertake research studies in India. It covers short-term, participatory research studies in all major disciplines of science and technology including engineering and medical sciences at the Indian Centres of Excellence The awardees may either correspond directly with the host institute for placement or seek the assistance of CICS for placement in a suitable institution in India.
- About 10 Fellowships are provided annually. The Fellowship Applications will be scrutinized during November/December every year by a selection committee.
- The Fellowship covers return airfare from place of work in their home country to place of work in India, boarding and lodging at the affiliated institution/s, and an adequate allowance in Indian currency to cover incidental expenses.
- The period of fellowship will be for three months.
The CICS will facilitate the issuance of visa to the awardees. The awardees are allowed to choose the fellowship period mutually convenient to them and the host institute. On successful completion of the program, the awardees are required to submit a detailed report to CICS
and participate in subsequent feedback requirements on the usefulness of the program in their home country.
- The prescribed application can be downloaded from CICS website: http://www.cics.tn.nic.in
- The last date for receipt of the applications is 31st October every year
- List of enclosures to accompany the application:-
a) A detailed curriculum vitae containing the date of birth & age, applicant’s research interest and experience, publications (only those in referred journals), present position, scientific affiliations, awards and scholarships etc.
b) A detailed write-up describing the proposed research work.
c) Two passport size photographs
d) Copy of degree certificate for highest qualification
e) A letter of consent from Parent Institution
Applications should be forwarded by an appropriate authority. Applicants should possess a valid passport.
- Selected candidates must obtain permission/leave from their parent institutions.
- Selected candidates must obtain Indian visa for the proposed period of work upon advice from CICS