Through the IAS 2019 Scholarship Programme, the conference organizers commit themselves to making the conference accessible to community representatives, healthcare workers, and junior investigators from resource-limited settings.
The IAS 2019 Scholarship Programme is
open to anyone around the world working or volunteering in the field of
HIV and AIDS and who is at least 16 years old at the time of the
conference. The programme gives financial assistance to people who would
otherwise be unable to benefit from the conference.
Priority will be given to:
- Abstract presenters whose submission has been selected
- Those whose participation will help enhance their work in their own communities
- Those who are able to assist in the transfer of skills and knowledge acquired at the conference
- Individuals who are part of a key population or living with HIV
Scholarship selection will be based on a
non-biased scoring system. A review committee will contribute to the
reviewing and scoring of the applications.
Even though every attempt will be made
to assist as many applicants as possible, we regret that there will be
only a limited quantity of scholarships available. Applicants are
therefore strongly encouraged to also seek other funding.
The application process is entirely free. Applicants must create a user account
to fill in an individual application form. A letter of recommendation
written by a colleague or peer is required to complete the application.
Scholarship recipients can request a full or partial scholarship. A full scholarship may include:
- Registration fee for the conference (includes access to all sessions and exhibitions)
- Travel (roundtrip ticket at the lowest fare available, from the nearest international airport)
- Accommodation (in a budget hotel for the days of the conference)
- Daily living allowance or each day of the conference (21-24 July 2019).
A partial scholarship includes any combination of the above.
Please note that the programme will not
reimburse any costs incurred prior to receiving a scholarship.
Scholarships do not include visa costs, transportation to/from the
airport, or any other incidental cost.
- Applications are now open online through the profile platform from until 24 January 2019, 23:59 CET.
- All applicants will be notified at the end of March 2019.
Contact the Scholarship Programme team
Application Deadline:24 January 2019,
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the IAS International Scholarship Programme 2019