Application Deadline: 28th of May 2017.
Planning to study a Master Degree in France?
Thinking about doing a PhD in cooperation with a French university?
The Embassy of France to Tanzania is offering 2 years scholarships for students applying for a Master degree in France as well as PhD scholarships for 3 months year on a 3 consecutive year period.
As part of its scientific and higher education cooperation program, the Embassy of France to
Tanzania offers scholarships to study in France at Master or Doctorate level. The scholarships are intended to give an opportunity to Tanzanian students to undertake specific courses of study related to their future professional activities in order to build capacity in Tanzanian organisations and add to the potential of Tanzanian learning institutions.
- Nationality : The candidate must be a Tanzanian national
- Age : The candidate must be, on January, 1st 2017, less than 35 years ol
- Masters and PhD only : Only candidates for a Masters or a PhD can apply.
Priority Sectors :
The following sectors of study will be prioritised in the selection process :
- Digital (Information and Communication Technologies…)
- Governance (Security, Peace…)
- Languages :
- To study in a field taught in French, a good level of French (B2) is required.
- To study in a field taught in English, an excellent level in English is required. In that case, the candidate does not need to speak French fluently.
Please note that applications that do not include a proof of admission by a French university will not be considered
The scholarship includes :
- International airfare between Tanzania and France, and travel costs in Franc
- Registration and tuition fees
- An allowance per month (rent not included)
- Social welfare, and repatriation insurance
- Support to pay for accommodation
- Master Scholarships cover 2 years of study.
- PhD Scholarships cover 3 months of study in France per year during 3 consecutive years.
- The thesis defence imperatively has to be at the end of the last 3 months in France.
All applications will have to include the following documents :
- The completed application form
- Reference letters
- scan of the degree certificates specifying grades
- scan of the passport or of a travel document
- an electronic version of an ID picture
- Copy of written exchanges with universities (proof of admission)
- For degrees taught in French: certification justifying at least a B2 level in French
- For PhD candidates one page on their subject of study and the thesis project accepted and
signed by thesis director
- The applications have to be sent by email to email@example.com
with the following subject line: Bourse 2017 – Name SURNAME
- If multiple emails are needed due to the size of the attached documents, kindly state the number of the email in the subject line after your name.
- The application deadline for a scholarship is the 28th of May 2017.
- All applications received after this date will not be considered.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the French Government Masters & PhD Scholarships 2017/2018