Application Deadline: 15 September 2017.
A cross-border perspective is key to reporting on the global energy transition. Clean Energy Wire CLEW is offering three grants for the most promising international collaborative projects from at least two different countries on the topics of clean energy, climate policy and the shift to a low-carbon economy.
Clean Energy Wire CLEW is offering three grants for the most promising international collaborative reporting projects. We will support collaborative media teams from at least two different countries, on stories with international significance.
- Teams of at least two journalists working across different media outlets in different countries will be eligible.
- Adherence to internationally applicable professional journalistic standards is a must. By submitting your application, you agree to follow the code of professional conduct for journalists developed by the International Federation of Journalists. You are also welcome to consult the principles of quality journalism and transparency that the Clean Energy Wire additionally subscribes to.
- The backing of an editor, or editors, stating concrete interest in publishing your story is an advantage.
- Focus: Topics that explore the transition to clean energy, climate policy and the shift to a low-carbon economy will be considered.
- Cross-border: The story must take a genuinely cross-border approach, i.e. involving actors or activities in more than one country. In addition, it must be aimed at publication by different media outlets in two or more countries by April 30, 2018. Your application must demonstrate how a cross-border perspective adds value to your story.
- Type of story: All types of story are encouraged, including features, investigative journalism and comparative reporting. This grant is targeted primarily at print and online journalism but projects in other media/taking a multimedia approach will also be considered.
- Language: The story may be published in any language/s. Applications for the grant must be submitted in English.
- Clean Energy Wire CLEW will support successful applicants’ stories with a grant of between EUR 4,000 and 6,000.
- The three successful journalist teams will be invited to the 2017 Clean Energy Wire CLEW Network Conference, which will take place in Bonn, Germany, 10-11 November 2017.
- Each team will present their project pitch and an audience vote will decide which will receive the award of EUR 6,000, EUR 5,000 or EUR 4,000.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Clean Energy Wire CLEW Go collaborate! 2017 Grant