Application Deadline: 27 August 2017
The Africa Programme at Chatham House is looking for an individual with demonstrable interest in African affairs who would like to gain valuable work experience in a policy institute.
This internship is an opportunity to gain insight into one of the world’s leading independent centres for practical policy research and debate on the politics and international relations of sub-Saharan African states. The successful applicant will be an integral part of the Chatham House Africa Programme team and gain valuable experience from supporting its current projects and activities.
Applicants should have:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in international relations, development studies, politics, or related field;
- Demonstrable interest in African affairs;
- Strong writing skills and excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently;
- Strong administrative and organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills
Although flexible, Chatham House are ideally looking for someone who is able to commit 3 -4 days a week.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship. However, travel expenses to and from work within London (zones 1-6) will be reimbursed for the days worked. Lunch will also be provided in the staff canteen.
- Start date: 11 September 2017
- End Date: 15 December 2017
- Closing date for applications: 27 August 2017
- Interview Period: 6-8 September 2017
To apply please send a CV, covering letter, a writing sample and the names of two referees to:
Programme Administrator, Africa Programme
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Chatham House Africa Internship Programme 2017