Application Deadline: 12.00 pm (CAT) on 29th September 2017.
- Each year AWHF provide conservation grants to African State Parties to implement projects and activities which focus on improving the State of Conservation of World Heritage properties.
- Projects activities are restricted to World Heritage Sites as declared by UNESCO.
- Project proposals MUST address challenges affecting the State of conservation of selected World Heritage property.
Who can apply
- Government institutions involved in the management and protection of World Heritage Sites.
- The application must be approved by Head/Director of heritage institution/organization accompanied by a cover letter endorsing the project.
The projects MUST be implemented within 12 months.
a) AWHF grant will only cover direct costs related to the project activities.
b) Applicants should provide detailed budget in US$ for every activity to be implemented;
c) Applicants should indicate the State Parties’ contribution to the project.
a) Application form ( English and French versions) can be downloaded from the AWHF website www.awhf.net
b) Completed applications should be submitted via email (as attachment) to firstname.lastname@example.org
before the deadline. Hard copies and supporting documents can be submitted to the following address:
The African World Heritage Fund,
1258 Lever Road, Headway Hill,
Midrand 1685, South Africa.
Deadline for submission
The deadline for submission- 12.00 pm (CAT) on 29th September 2017. However, applicants are highly encouraged to submit their proposals prior to the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.