The Barclays – F.G. Mogae Scholarship Fund was established in 2008 in honour of the former president of Botswana Mr. Festus Mogae.
Scholarships are available for individuals who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at a recognized institute of higher learning in Botswana. The desired courses of study are: Accounting; Economics; Engineering; Finance; Human Resources; Information Technology; Law; Marketing; Mathematics; and Business Management. Students from other fields of study may be considered at the discretion of the governing committe.
- Citizens of Botswana- People with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
- Registered for a Masters degree on a full time basis and not on secondment with a company
- Falls within the top 20% of her/his respective class in the final two years of undergraduate studies and should have achieved an overall aggregate pass rate of 75%
- Clean criminal record
Primary Award Criteria
- Academic Achievements which will include grades and GPA and class rank.
- Financial Need
- Involvement in community and extracurricular activities
- Personal attributes
Criteria for Barclays Colleagues
- Employees who have completed their probationary period
- A very strong performer
- Non-renewable- This means that one individual can only benefit once
- Completed application form- available at all Barclays Branches
- Police Clearance
- Three letters of reference
- Motivation Letter
- Financial information summary
- Acceptance Letter from an institution of Higher Learning
Application Deadline: July 13th 2018
For More Information: