Application Deadline: 27th September 2017
The 10th edition of the Mediterranean Journalists Awards of the Anna Lindh Foundation will reward productions tackling intercultural issues between and within Euro-Mediterranean societies, ranging from diversity, tolerance, freedom of expression, fighting xenophobia, extremism and terrorism. Special attention will be given to works focusing on the theme “Intercultural Cities and Migration”, as announced on the occasion of the Anna Lindh Foundation MED FORUM.
In addition, on the occasion of the landmark 10th edition, a Special Alumni Award will be bestowed by the Anna Lindh Foundation Secretariat for outstanding contribution by a Journalist Award alumni in the promotion of intercultural dialogue.
A jury made up of eminent media professionals and outstanding intellectuals will select the winners to be awarded during a prestigious ceremony hosted at the European Parliamentin Brussels at the end of the year.
Works eligible for the award can be from press, online, TV/radio or Photography.
- All articles published in printed newspapers/magazines/periodicals. Articles must be written in a journalistic style. Academic papers will not be accepted.
- The article must not exceed 20,000 characters.
- Online: Written materials published via the Internet, particularly material created by journalists. Blogs, social media platforms and other emerging forms of online communication are acknowledged as part of the online media landscape and online journalism to the extent that the content is produced in a journalistic style.
- Radio and Television:
TV Entries which can include interviews, reportage, documentaries, panel discussions, news stories or reports published on the radio and/or TV.
Entries duration must not exceed 1 hour.
Photographs published online and/or printed media by for professional or non-professional photographers. In addition, on the occasion of the landmark 10th edition, a Special
Alumni Award will be bestowed by the Anna Lindh Foundation Secretariat for outstanding contribution by a Journalist Award alumni in the promotion of intercultural dialogue.
The following documents should be submitted before the 27th September 2017:
1. The journalistic work, which should have appeared between the 1st January 2017 and 27th
September 2017 . Translated work into English, French or Arabic if the original entry was produced in another language.
3. Identity Document
4. In case of teamwork, the team must delegate one member to represent it for the award. Documents can be submitted electronically by filling in the online application form
and attaching the documents or you can print out the form and send it by courier to the following address:
Anna Lindh Foundation
P.O. Box 732,
El Mansheya Alexandria