Application Deadline: December 1, 2017
Applications for the Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship 2018-2019 year are now open. There will be 20 positions available for health professionals interested in the 12-month fellowship (starting July 2018) in one of our African partner countries (Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda and Cameroon).
The Afya Bora Fellowship will provide trainees with a set of practical skills that will prepare them for leadership positions in government, non-government, and academic health institutions in developing countries.
The 12 month training program has 2 components:
- A eight-week core curriculum, plus four distance learning modules
- Two 4.5 month assignments to sites, such as Ministries of Health, NGOs, etc. in partner African countries
In order to be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria:
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of Botswana, Cameroon, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda or the US AND
- Meet ONE of the following education requirements:
- Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with a MMed or Masters degree in related field.
- Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in nursing, public health or a related field (PhD preferred), or substantial work experience.
- Other public health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a Doctoral degree in public health or a related field.
Current candidates can expect the below timeline for the selection process.
- Applications due December 1, 2017
- Interviews Mid-December 2017 – March 2018
- Select applicants will be contacted for an interview
- Notification of Acceptance March-April 2018
- New Trainee Orientation in Botswana June 2018
- New trainee participants will be brought together for a 3-day orientation. Immediately following the orientation there will be three 1-week course modules that will be held in the same country.
- Online Application for Training
- Institution Nomination Form and Letters of recommendation (at least 2)
- Curriculum Vitae
For More Information: