Application Deadline:Friday, 29 September 2017.
The University of St Andrews and independent exploration and production company ConocoPhillips announce the call for entries for the St Andrews Prize for the Environment 2018.
Anyone wishing to enter the 2018 Prize should complete the online entry form on the Prize website at www.thestandrewsprize.com by Friday, 29 September 2017. The shortlisted entries will be invited for a more substantial submission in January 2018. Three submissions will then be selected as finalists and they will be asked to attend a seminar at the University of St Andrews in April 2018. Following presentation of their projects in English to the Trustees and invited delegates at the seminar, the winner will be selected and announced.
The primary objective of the Prize is to find innovative solutions to environmental challenges across the world. The solutions should be practical, scalable and able to be replicated in other places, combining good science, economic reality and political acceptability. The Prize offers people from all backgrounds around the world the chance to help transform their environmental ideas into reality and provides a network of connections and support.
- Be related to sustainable development and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development – explain the alignment.
- Be related to community progress allied with smart and innovative development and use of the earth’s environmental resources from air, land and sea.
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size.
- Have a clearly defined need for funding that will make a step change to the applicant’s aims.
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field.
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short to long-term.
- Applications are invited from individuals, multi-disciplinary teams or community groups for this annual prize, which is $100,000 USD for the winner and $25,000 USD for each of the other two finalists.