Application Deadline: 27 January 2016 (23:59 GMT).
Monday, 6 March 2017 – 10:00am to Friday, 10 March 2017 – 5:00pm
Type of Event: Category 8-Symposium
Call to global youth committed to creating peaceful and sustainable societies through education
Organized by UNESCO, UNESCO Mahatma Gandhi Institute of Education for Peace and Sustainable Development and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO
- Are you between 18-35 years old?
- Do you have policymaking, capacity building or advocacy experience in education for sustainable development (ESD) or Global Citizenship Education as an educator, innovator, policymaker, development professional, researcher?
- Do you want to network and collaborate with fellow youth leaders for exchange of best practices and latest innovations in the fields of ESD and GCED?
- Do you want to engage in a no-holds-barred dialogue with policymakers on The Role of Teachers in achieving SDG 4.7?
- Are you a young educator with experience of using ICT-based innovative pedagogies in your classroom?
- Do you have a flair for writing short, accurate reports on ESD and GCED?
‘The UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: The Role of Education’ presents a unique platform for discussion on two key programmes of the Education Sector, namely Education for Sustainable Development (ESD) and Global Citizenship Education (GCED), and their practical contribution in achieving Target 4.7 of the Sustainable Development Goal 4 on Education. The Week will focus on the issue of teachers and teacher training, and highlight best practices in the fields of ESD and GCED. Participation is by invitation only.
UNESCO and the Canadian Commission for UNESCO are jointly organizing this Week for Peace and Sustainable Development which will present the unique opportunity to bring together two important events organized back-to-back with sessions open to all participants:
• Review Forum for the UNESCO Global Action Programme (GAP) on ESD: implementation and innovation
• Third UNESCO Forum on Global Citizenship Education (GCED): the Role of Teachers
The Week will provide space to share and discuss trends and innovation in pedagogical approaches and practices in ESD and GCED, as well as exchange good practices in advancing GCED and ESD in our global context. The Week has been designed to maximize opportunities for interaction, networking and free debates and discussions among participants.
Date and location
- The UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development: the Role of Education will take place from 6 to 10 March 2017 at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, Canada.
- Approximately 400 stakeholders from government, non-governmental and private sectors from all continents will be expected to attend the Week.
Participation will be by invitation only.
- Working languages
English and French simultaneous interpretation will be provided for the Plenary and Concurrent Sessions.
Chief of Section
Section of Education for Sustainable Development and Global Citizenship
Division for Inclusion, Peace and Sustainable Development
Email: [email protected]
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the 2017 UNESCO Week for Peace and Sustainable Development