The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shelter Project Manager
Webcruiter ID: 4275602317
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Percentage of full-time: 100
Reports: The Shelter Project Manager reports to the Area Manager
- NRC is looking for a Shelter Project Manager for our area office in Maiduguri in Northern Nigeria. The purpose of the Shelter Project Manager position is to implement the delegated Area Office Shelter project portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Line management for project staff
- Adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
- Ensure project data collection and management and work closely with M&E to update relevant NRC tools (GORS, Internal Database, achievement and progress of project log frames)
- Contribute to the design of technical implementation documents for Shelter projects
- Contribute to donor reports
- Ensure standards for implementation are known and applied among shelter team
- Participate in rapid assessments in new areas of intervention
- Contribute to finding solutions to implementation challenges and constraints in a changing context
- Provide technical support to other relevant NRC coordinators (Education, ICLA, WASH, and FSL) for the development of community infrastructures.
- Maintain the required level of performance capacity of local technicians, and identify the need for additional training.
- Regular visits to the area and sites of implementation for quality checks of the ongoing and completed works, make corrections, and provide relevant recommendations.
- Record and document good practices, lessons learned, and establish a database in coordination with M&E to capture Shelter program performance.
- In collaboration with the Shelter Specialist and Area Manager, play a key role in recruiting Shelter field staff
- In coordination with the Shelter Specialist and Area Manager, represent NRC in coordination meetings with local authorities and NGOs when required
- University Degree in Civil Engineering or any related field
- Minimum 3 years of experience from a senior level project implementation position in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Technical Shelter expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- A good sense of humour is an asset
- All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council should be able to adhere to our Code of Conduct and the four organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable.
We Can Offer
- Commencement: September 2020
- Duration: 12 months (Renewable)
- Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s general directions.
- Level: Grade 8 in the NRC grade structure
- Duty station: Maiduguri, with frequent travels. Travel outside Maiduguri is dependent on changing security conditions, especially for certain roads in the area.
- An approved health certificate will be requested before the contract start.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location for all your previous positions while registering your CV.
- There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the “Company name” field for both company and location.