Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Result and Learning Manager
Duration: 2 months
- The MERL Manager will provide a range of investigative research.
- S/he will serve as a high-level technical and functional expert/lead to provide a comprehensive report on the PHC’s in Gombe state using data and analyzing the Health system information system which providing an assessment of the critical gaps in the system Advise on exceptionally complex issues regarding health financing, human resource for health and service delivery & assist in the evaluation of the PHCs, highlight interventions that are required and make recommendation on how the state and its PHCs can implement these interventions.
- This is a local position and is contingent upon award
- Support in the design of the project Performance Monitoring (Monitoring and Evaluation) Plans.
- Responsible for the development of relevant M&E tools, and formats for the project.
- Coordinate regular monitoring visits to Primary Health Care (PHCs) and the PHCDA technical data review meetings to access data quality and use.
- Provide a comprehensive report on the current state of Health Management Information System (HMIS) and identify the critical gaps.
- Conduct Supply Chain Assessment of the PHC system especially with regards to vaccines and essential medicines and provide data about the upstream and downstream management and coordination of the various supply chains servicing the PHC system, including the management capacity across the supply chain management system.
- Develop a situation analysis/report on the Human resource for Health (HRH) by providing in-depth insights into the state’s PHC management capacity to provide evidence to support the state in the development of a PHC management capacity strengthening plan.
- Investigate and provide report on the systems of health financing across all the PHCs
- Develop a situation analysis and identify gaps on Service Delivery in the state by providing data about access to basic services in hard-to-reach areas, looking at equity gaps in urban and rural areas and examining factors affecting demand such as cultural norms and practices, perception of quality, cost of care, geographical access.
- Support in developing an Impact Assessment Report on the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on the state PHC system
- Support in the development of a PHC system strengthening plan based on the results of all the diagnostics carried out.
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in any of the following or related fields: Health Management, Public Health, Epidemiology, Biostatistics, Evaluation Research, Statistics, or Economics
- At least 7 years of experience in health-related projects involving primary health care facilities in Nigeria
- Experience in designing, managing, and implementing results-based MEL activities. Strong preference for those that have led MEL for international donors.
- Demonstrated technical skills in developing assessment reports and evaluation briefs.
- Knowledge of the National Health Management Information System
- Demonstrated relevant technical skills in analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, with excellent organizational as well as English oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated supervisory skills, and ability to work well on a team.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, i.e., Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc., and the ability to use various commercially available statistical software programs.
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- All CV’s/resume/applications Must be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants Must indicate the position applied for on the Subject of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age.