Investec supports the growth of young South African entrepreneurs by providing global exposure and support initiatives, in order to grow the South African economy and create employment opportunities.
Investec wants to grow the South African economy and society. To achieve this we focus on two key areas, education and entrepreneurship. Our Global young entrepreneurs’ programme provides a platform that exposes South African entrepreneurs to global business thinking.
Every year Investec, in partnership with En-novate, sends a group of young entrepreneurs from various sectors to specifically selected countries in order to gain global exposure. Each itinerary provides them with opportunities to network and to engage with venture capitalists, funders and captains of industry. The aim is for them to return home not only stimulated and inspired, but also with a list of potential partners, funders and markets for their product or service.
- Grow entrepreneurial networks by creating business contacts between South African entrepreneurs and their international counterparts.
- Facilitate access to people of inspiration and industry-specific knowledge.
- Showcase social and for-profit entrepreneurship approaches which provide insights into how businesses can be a force for good in society.
- Expose how technology and new methods of thinking can be applied to improve business.Showcase the best of South African entrepreneurs and initiate engagement with potential investors, companies and other stakeholders.
- The entrepreneur should be a South African citizen or permanent resident under the age of 40.
- The entrepreneur must not have attended a previous Investec trip within the past 12 months.
- Applicant must be the entrepreneur/owner of the business and not an employee.
- Applicant should be a ‘full-time’ entrepreneur.
- Business must be a South African based, for-profit business from the sector in which the trip is focused.
- Business must be operational for at least six months and not in the ‘idea’ phase.Business turnover must be under R50m per year.
Apply Now for the Investec CSI Financial Services/Innovation Trip 2018
Application Deadline:Friday 18th May 2018
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Investec CSI Financial Services/Innovation Trip 2018