Pact West Africa is a Non-Governmental Organization with over a decade of experience working in Nigeria to create thriving, resilient communities that are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact West Africa started operations as Pact Nigeria in 2005, and builds capacity of civil society organizations and improves the livelihoods and health of the poor and marginalized in the society. Pact has 46 staff in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Health Financing Specialist
Duration: 2 months
- The Health Finance Specialist is responsible for providing support in the areas of health financing, costing and public financial management.
- The Health Financing Specialist will work with the team to develop health financing approaches tailored to Gombe state and its primary health care facilities in their goal to achieving universal health coverage.
- This role requires a combination of exceptional analytical skills, including quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis as well the ability to effectively synthesize and visualize findings, and translate messages for various audiences.
- This is a local position and is contingent upon award
- Support the development of an investment case for health tailored to Gombe State to resonate with ministries of finance and/or other target agencies;
- Design and implement state studies to evaluate the cost of specific health interventions and programs;
- Develop a document that will guide the state ministry of health on budget planning & preparation, budget advocacy, and the development of state health financing strategies, including in-state resource mobilization;
- Carry out analyses on fiscal space, out-of-pocket spending, benefit incidence, or a state-wide health accounts exercise;
- Develop a financial resource allocation framework, including budget allocation criteria and a tool;
- Draft a recommendation/develop the design and implementation of performance-based financing (PBF) systems;
- Develop a strategy document on public financial management (PFM) for state-level stakeholders.
- Support in the production of high-quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, and policy briefs.
- Master’s Degree in Health Economics, Economics, or Public Health with a health financing focus;
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in health financing and health economics;
- Experience working with ministries of health, Primary Health Care Development Agencies and finance, donors and implementing agencies, and strong communication skills to knowledgeably and effectively interact with key actors.
- Established track record of carrying out analytical work and preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations.
- Strong quantitative skills and research capacity, proficiency in Stata or another statistics software is highly desirable, or maybe substituted by exceptional command of Excel;
- Strong and compelling writing skills;
- Fluent command of English; working proficiency in Hausa is desirable;
Application Closing Date
7th September, 2020.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume / CV and Cover Letter on their suitability to: [email protected] using the “Job Title” as the subject of the email.
- All CV’s/resume/applications. Must be in either word format or PDF.
- Applicants Must indicate the position applied for on the subject of the mail. Note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age.