A growing recruitment company is currently recruiting for an innovative Agriculture company to fill the position below:
Job Title: Disease Prevention & Control Officer
Location: Edo, Nigeria
- We are seeking for a Disease Prevention & Control Officer who can perform investigative and educational work involving disease control and prevention and immunization activities.
- Establish and/or verify the diagnosis of the disease in question in order to identify the source and mode of transmission by consulting with health care providers and collecting specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Initiate and complete investigative procedures involving poultry with suspected or confirmed disease.
- Participate in the coordination of activities regarding the analysis of data and development of intervention strategies to address specific issues related to food/feed safety as they relate to poultry animals health; and the prevention and integrated control of food-borne pathogens, residues and contaminants.
- Identify possible sources of disease for poultry animals and spread of the infection.
- Write and maintain case reports containing possible disease outbreaks.
- Inform health care providers about treatment, prevention, and control methods during disease investigations and outbreaks or by sending blast faxes, conducting workshops, and arranging personal visits.
- Organize and participate in ongoing prevention programs in order to implement measures to prevent and control disease.
- Perform all work duties and activities in accordance with Farmforte policies, procedures, and safety practices.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Veterinary Medicine and a qualified Veterinary Medical Doctor.
- 2-4 years experience in large scale poultry operations or public health
- To have knowledge of causes, modes of transmission, and methods used in disease prevention and control.
- Ability to undertake independent research.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.