So You Think You Can Code? We are looking for the next #OandoIntern.
Oando have everything ready for you. A work environment that lets you thrive, brilliant minds to learn from and a totally awesome workspace. Complete this stage and you could be coding your way into our team.
This challenge is open to Lagos residents only.
Oando PLC is one of Africa’s largest integrated energy solutions provider with a proud heritage. It has a primary listing on the Nigeria Stock Exchange and a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange. With shared values of Teamwork, Respect, Integrity, Passion and Professionalism (TRIPP)
The Oando Group comprises four companies who are leaders in their market:
- Oando Energy Resources
- Oando Trading
- OVH Energy
In 500 words or less words, describe what you would do differently in revamping the Oando homepage. Tell us what features you will include and how those features will aesthetically and functionally enhance user experience on the page. Theme is “Made in Africa”.
Save your proposal as a .PDF document
1. Contestants must be between the ages of 18 to 25 as at the date of submission.
2. Contestants must be resident in Lagos, Nigeria. In the event that a contestant is resident outside Lagos, he/she shall bear all out-of-pocket expenses relating to transportation and accommodation.
3. Contestants are required to have a basic understanding of coding and web development.
4. Contestants are required to have a basic understanding of the global developing space.
5. Contestants must possess good oral and written communication skills.
6. An entry shall be deemed to have been personally submitted by the contestant. Only individuals shall be eligible to participate in the contest. Entries from Organizations shall neither be accepted nor considered.
7. Entries from the following shall not be accepted:
Employees, Interns, Directors, and Officers of Oando PLC and their immediate family members; or Staff of all Agencies, Companies, and entities involved in the administration, advertising, judging, creation, development, execution of the contest and the immediate family members. For the purpose of this document, immediate family members shall include spouse, recognized partner, parents, children and step children, siblings, and members of the same household.
8. Once an entry has been submitted and been accepted, the name of the contestant will be publicized.
Prize: 6-month internship with Oando PLC’s Corporate Communications Team at Oando PLC’s Head Office in Lagos.
The winner will be announced on Oando PLC’s Social Media platforms and will be required to confirm his/her acceptance of the prize by email within 5 (Five) working days. Failure to confirm acceptance within the stipulated time, will amount to a forfeiture of the prize and, Oando PLC reserves the right to select another winner.
How to enter
1. All Interested parties are expected to submit/upload their entries on the contest website – oandoplc.com/hy19-internship and state how they intend to revamp Oando PLC’s website, if successful and the reason(s) why.
Entries are welcome from undergraduates/fresh graduates from tertiary institutions resident in Lagos. Where an interested party resides outside Lagos, he/she shall be responsible for his/her transportation and accommodation costs.
3. Oando PLC reserves the right to change or postpone the internship start date.
5. All Stage 1 entries must be submitted on or before the close of business, Thursday 27th June 2019.
6. All Stage 2 entries must be submitted on or before 12 noon, Friday 5th July 2019.
7. Stage 3 of the Competition will be conducted by way of interviews.
Interviews are scheduled to hold from 8th – 10th July 2019. However, please note that the interview dates are tentative and subject to change as Oando PLC’s business processes demand.
8. Entries from contestants who do not follow Oando PLC across all its social media platforms will not be considered.
Once an entry is submitted, it is considered a final submission and may not be modified, edited, or replaced.
All submissions must be original and developed solely by the contestant.
DEADLINE: on or before 27th June 2019
For More Information: