MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals.
This opportunity is for interns to use their academic background in the workplace and to obtain risk and compliance management experience. This internship will equip candidates for a career in risk and compliance management and also ready candidates for other financial services roles.
To assist the risk function in discharging their obligations from a risk and compliance perspective.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Conduct research on risk or compliance related topics and draft findings.
- Assist with the resolution and follow-up of Actions and Issues arising from meetings.
- Keep abreast of changes in the regulatory and risk management landscape (both internal and external).
- Assist, support and contribute to Risk Management and Compliance Management with:
- Performing accurate risk assessments.
- Effective implementation of policies and guidelines.
- The development and management of risk and compliance plans.
- Tracking and monitoring of key risk indicators, controls and action plans.
- Assist in compiling risk and compliance reports.
- Attend to any other responsibilities assigned such as minute taking report writing and other ad-hoc queries.
- Business Acumen
- Client/ Stakeholder Commitment
- Drive for Results
- Leads Change and Innovation
- Impact and Influence
- Self-Awareness and Insight
- Diversity and Inclusiveness
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Legal (LLB, BCom Law, BA Law) or
- BCom (Risk Management, Economics, Investment Management,Financial Management)
- No working experience required
The internship roles will be based at the Momentum Head Office in Centurion.
How to Apply:
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
firstname.lastname@example.org(The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
Application Deadline: 3 November 2018
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) Compliance, Risk and Forensics Internships 2018