Are you a postgraduate student (or have recently graduated) with a passion to promote fair, democratic and inclusive societies in Africa? Do you want to develop your peacebuilding, research and analysis skills in a dynamic South African non-profit organization that works in several countries across Africa? The Peacebuilding Interventions (PI) Programme at the Institute for Justice and Reconciliation (IJR) invites applications for a paid internship from candidates who meet the following requirements:
- Competence in research and analysis;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate – Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- The ability to work independently with attention to detail;
- Competency in English is necessary while another international language would be an advantage.
- Ability to write, proofread or edit articles, op-eds, etc.
- Conducting research and analyses of conflict and peace in Africa
- Drafting and writing concept notes
- Participating in the planning and organisation of PI events such as workshops, seminars, & dialogues.
- Attending designated meetings of the PI program and contributing towards its work.
Applicants should be in possession of, or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Conflict and Peace Studies, Political Studies, Development Studies, Human Rights, Gender & Peacebuilding, or a related discipline.
Conditions of appointment:
- An initial three months contract will be offered, with the possibility of renewal.
- Applicants from South Africa and other African countries are encouraged to apply.
- Applicants should at the time of application be in possession of documentation that allow them to work in South Africa.
- Please submit your CV, a cover letter motivating your application, details of three contactable referees, and an example of a short essay or research paper (maximum of 1000 words) to Ms. Anthea Flink at: email@example.com by the 10th of December 2018, using PI Intern in the subject heading.
- Applications without the relevant documentation will not be considered. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.