While women who apply for a mid-career fellowship from WHO/TDR are just as likely as men to receive it, women have been less likely to apply. How do YOU think we can change this and develop feasible ways to increase women’s participation in this fellowship? For example, we are looking for creative ideas to make the research year more flexible or spur more women to apply. Individuals who submit exceptional ideas will be supported to join the Women Leaders in Global Health conference in London this November. But more importantly, selected ideas deemed feasible by WHO/TDR will be implemented to increase women’s participation in the fellowship.
How to Apply:
Send us your plan to expand women’s participation in a mid-career fellowship from WHO/TDR. This could be a way to more widely disseminate the fellowship call in order to increase awareness, a way to make the fellowship more conducive to women with caregiving obligations, or a way to increase the number of qualified women applicants.
Format for submissions
Submissions must be written in English and less than 500 words. Submissions with figures have a 450 words limit.
- The contest is open to anyone from any location. Ideas from women in low- and middle-income countries are particularly encouraged, but review will be blinded so that judges do not know who submitted each one.
- A challenge contest is an open contest to solicit creative solutions. Challenge contests have been widely by governments, private foundations, and others to spur creativity.
Criteria for judging submissions
Submissions will be judged on a 1-10 scale according to the following three criteria:
(1) capacity to increase the number of women who apply and receive WHO/TDR fellowships;
(3) innovation, defined as different from the current practice used in the fellowship.
- At least three semi-finalists will be supported (registration, travel, hotel, per diem) to join and present their idea at the Women Leaders in Global Health conference in November 2018.
- Selected finalists will have their idea implemented to increase women’s participation in this fellowship.
Application Deadline: July 1st 2018
For More Information: