The GLG Social Impact Fellowship leverages GLG’s learning platform to help top social entrepreneurs answer their organization’s critical strategic and operational questions, at no cost. Through the two-year Fellowship, ambitious and visionary nonprofit and social enterprise leaders learn in tailored interactions with experts across GLG’s membership and with each other.
- Fellows are leaders with strong records and visions for their organizations. They have great teams and do something innovative that’s likely to scale. They are personally committed to learning, excited to grow professionally, and articulate ambitions for their organizations’ growth which GLG is positioned to support.
Fellow Selection Criteria
1. Nonprofit or social enterprises
GLG recognize that both nonprofit and market-based solutions make big impact in the world. A for-profit organization must be mission driven at the very core of its work. Typically, enterprise-operating budgets have been under $500,000/year. For-profit organizations will be asked to disclose ownership structures.
The operating budgets of our Fellow organizations have varied from $1M up to $15M. The most important consideration is that there is an established financial structure to support scale. While we recognize that funding is always a concern, GLG look for organizations
beyond the point at which funding is a critical barrier to growth.
3. At an inflection point and pursuing scale
GLG look for organizations no longer in early development stages and whose leadership is ready to pursue ambitious growth. These organizations have proven the concept of their impact, and implemented their program at initial sites. During the two-year fellowship, participating organizations will be scaling significantly and seeking expertise to build mature operations and informed strategy.
4. Average three to five years in operation
5. Employ a minimum of five full time staff
6. Established leadership supporting key strategic planning and execution
7. CEO/Founder committed to leading through the Fellowship
The Fellow must understand GLG’s value, can articulate use cases, and be open to GLG and our Council Members as thought partners. They must be relentlessly focused on impact, excited about learning, and open to feedback. This requires that they has developed a team and habits that allows for strategic thinking in pursuit organizational growth.
For More Information: