The Kumvana Fellowship brings together social entrepreneurs and social innovators for a transformative personal and professional leadership development experience.
The leadership program includes online learning, regional African retreats, and a 5-week intensive Canadian experience. Following a week of leadership training in Toronto.
Fellows are hosted by EWB’s Canadian chapters across the country who connect the Fellows with local leaders and organizations working on similar challenges.
The program provides Fellows with the opportunity to develop new ideas, problem-solve, and learn from like-minded professionals so that they may enhance the social impact of
EWB is committed to inclusive recruitment and we strongly encourage women and people living in rural settings to apply to the Kumvana Fellowship Program.
You are a social innovator striving for systemic impact in Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Côte D’Ivoire, or Zambia.
You are eager to accelerate your leadership journey and are seeking support, coaching, and new tools to further your current project. You are open to different ways of living, have a strong interest in new cultures, and embrace a growth mindset at all times. You are ready to engage in personal reflection and bring intention to your leadership
- You are a citizen of, and currently working in, Kenya, Uganda, Ghana, Côte D’Ivoire, or Zambia
- You have not previously taken part in a similar fellowship program.
- You are proficient in English
- You are able to travel to Canada in February 2020 for a full-time five-week experience
- You can commit to an 8-week online course, taking about 3 hours of work per week
- You are flexible in living conditions (sharing a room with another fellow of the same gender, living with a family, etc.)
- You have the energy and drive to handle a fast-paced schedule while in Canada
As a Kumvana Fellow, you will:
- Dedicate about 3 hours/week to an online learning course
- Participate in a weekend African retreat to meet our community
- Build relationships with African and Canadian leaders and changemakers during a 5-week intensive Canadian experience
- Stay with a Canadian host family
- Learn from relevant professional Canadian networks
- Bring intention and reflection on your personal leadership journey
The program is costs covered. All costs related to the program are either paid for directly by EWB (airfare, insurance, visas, etc.) or indirectly through a modest daily stipend, which covers basic living expenses (food, local travel) while in Canada.
Application Deadline: July 7th 2019