INOMICS Conference Grant Contest 2017 – Terms & Conditions
1. Entry to the Contest is free of charge.
2. Eligibility: ?The Contest is open to residents of all countries around the world who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of 11 Academia Networks GmbH and their respective immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of all such employees are not eligible.
3. Organiser: The Contest is organised by 11 Academia Networks GmbH, hereafter referred to as the Organiser, located at Am Kupfergraben 6A, 10117 Berlin, Germany.
4. Participant: A Participant is a user that has a registered account on www.inomics.com, meets all Eligibility requirements, and has filled in the conference grant application form during the Contest Period.
5. Eligible Conference: An Eligible Conference for the Contest is any event posted on https://inomics.com/top/events.
6. Winner: The Winner is the person that is selected by the Organizer to receive the Prize.
7. Prize: The Prize is a conference grant to the amount of up to 500€, funded by the Organizer. There is only one Prize, which can be won only by one person. The Winner will receive the Prize within ten (10) working days after all the Prize Claim requirements have been verified and the Organizer has notified the Winner that the Prize will be granted. The Prize cannot be substituted and is not transferable or assignable.
8. How to Enter the Contest: In order to enter the Contest, a Participant is required to:
1) Sign up or login on www.inomics.com.
2) Provide the required information including full name, country of residence, e-mail address of their account on INOMICS, and URL to a chosen Eligible Conference.
3) Submit short (up to 300 characters each – 900 characters total) answers to three questions: 1) How has INOMICS contributed to your career development? 2) Tell us about your ideal conference experience. 3) What one piece of advice would you give to your peers to advance their academic career?
All questions must be answered. Each question’s value is weighted equally.
4) Accept the Terms and Conditions of the Contest.
Only participants who have completed the aforementioned requirements and have submitted a valid email address will be taken into consideration for allocation of the Prize. A Participant can receive only one entry to the Contest. All entries become the property of the Organizer and will not be acknowledged or returned.
The Organizer reserves the right to use or publish all entries, winning or otherwise.
9. Prize Selection: From all valid entries submitted, a Winner will be selected. The Prize Selection will take place on December 15, 2017, at 16:00 pm (Central European Time Zone). The Prize will be awarded based on the quality and originality of the answers to all three questions. The Participant must be willing or planning to go to a chosen Eligible Conference and their intention must be to spend the grant on purposes related to participation in the Eligible Conference.
10. Winner Notification:? The Organiser will notify the Winner via email, using the e-mail address provided. If the winner cannot be contacted within five (5) days after the date of the first attempted contact or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, the Organiser will award the applicable prize to an alternate Winner. Only three (3) alternate Prize Selections will be held, after which the Prize will remain un-awarded. The results will be announced as soon as the Winner is confirmed.
11. Prize Claim: In order to claim the Prize, a Winner is required to:
1) Provide the required information including full name, date of birth, and postal address within five (5) days after receiving an official e-mail from the Organizer.
2) Apply for a chosen Eligible Conference, receive an official acceptance confirmation from the EligibleConference organizers, and submit a scan or a digital version of this acceptance confirmation to the Organizer via email. The document must contain an official stamp/signature from the institution organising the Eligible Conference. INOMICS GmbH reserves the right to contact the EligibleConference organizer to confirm registration, payment or acceptance. In case the EligibleConference chosen by the Winner has been cancelled, or its date or location have been changed, the Winner may choose to apply for another Eligible Conference taking place until July 31, 2018.
3) Cover the travel and/or accomodation and/or registration costs connected with the Conference and submit an invoice for the aforementioned costs to the Organizer via email together with their address and bank account data to which the Organizer will send the Prize.
If all the aforementioned requirements are not fulfilled by one calendar week prior to the conference start date, the Winner forfeits the Prize unless prior agreement has been obtained in text form from the Organizer. If the Eligible Conference costs covered by the Winner exceed 500€, only the amount of 500€ will be transferred to the Winner‘s bank account. If the aforementioned costs are under the amount of 500€, only the amount from an invoice or receipt submitted by the Winner will be transferred to the Winner‘s bank account. The Organizer does not take responsibility for incorrect data submitted by the Winner.
12. Contest Period:? The Contest Period begins on September 28, 2017 at 12:00 pm and ends on December 10, 2017 at 12:00 pm (Central European Time Zone). Entries that are submitted before or after the Contest Period will be disqualified. Only online submissions on the official links of the Contest will be accepted for the duration of the Contest.
13. Agreement to Terms and Conditions:? Participation in the Contest constitutes entrants’ full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Contest Terms and Conditions and the decisions of the Organiser, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon being compliant with these Terms and Conditions and fulfilling all other requirements set forth herein.
The Organiser reserves the right to change or cancel the rules, Terms & Conditions or the Cnontest at any time. Any changes to the Terms or cancellation of the Contest will be posted on www.inomics.com. It is the responsibility of entrants to keep themselves informed as to any changes to the T&Cs.
14. Publicity: Except where prohibited, entry to the Contest constitutes a Participant’s consent to publish their name, photo(s) and submitted answers on https://inomics.com and/or related websites owned by INOMICS, as well as other communications channels, comprising but not limited to newsletter articles and social media posts.
15. Disputes:? Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Contest or any prize awarded shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Berlin and the Federal Republic of Germany, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Federal Republic of Germany.