The Delegation of the European Union to Nigeria and ECOWAS in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Education and Daily Trust are organising an Essay Competition on Gender Equality. The competition is part of the European Union Gender Action. The objective of the competition is to stimulate children’s awareness of the role of women in society. The competition is open to Nigerian Senior Secondary School Students between the ages of 13-16 residing in Nigeria.
- You should be between the ages of 13 – 16.
- You should be a citizen of Nigeria, residing in Nigeria.
- You should be in secondary school in any part of Nigeria.
- You should write an essay depicting equality between girls and boys, women and men.
- You can give your essay a caption of your choice, if you would like to.
- You should write your first and last names, your age, your class and your school’s name and address, on the top of your entry. You should attach a scanned copy of your birth certificate or signature of the school principal confirming your age
- There will be thirteen winners for the overall best essays.
- These shortlisted finalists will be invited to Abuja for an Award Ceremony on November 28, 2017.
- The cost of travel and accommodation will be borne by the EU Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS.
- In addition, the best 30 essays will be published in a booklet which will be distributed to schools with the names of the writers of each essay.
- Intending participants should submit an essay of not less than 500 words but not more than 1,000 words.
Breakdown of Prizes are as follows:
1st Prize = One Lap top computer + N30, 000 grant for books
2nd Prize = One laptop computer + N20, 000 grant for books
3rd Prize = One laptop computer + N10, 000 grant for books
The best 10 runners-up will receive a grant of N30, 000 each for books
For More Information: