The Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge 2018 is a worldwide search for early stage technology-enabled solutions and services that can enable economic development and/or benefit society and/or the environment. This challenge is open to individuals and teams of students or recent alumni from any college or university.
How can your innovative technology solution solve the world’s most pressing social and environmental problems?
Cisco is committed to positively impacting 1 billion people by 2025. As part of our work, we seek to inspire and empower a generation of global problem solvers who will not only survive – but drive and thrive – in our increasingly digital economy.
With digitization and the Internet of Things (IoT) connecting more devices and data than ever before, good ideas now have the ability to make a difference more quickly than ever before – and we’re here to help.
The second annual Cisco Global Problem Solver Challenge aims to recognize new innovative solutions that leverage technology for social impact from student entrepreneurs around the world. The Challenge is open to students and recent alumni from any college or university.
$300,000 USD in prize money will help accelerate the adoption of breakthrough technology, products, and services that drive economic development and/or solve social or environmental problems.
- For participants to be eligible, at least half of the team’s members must be students currently enrolled at a post-secondary institution or have received a degree after March 1, 2016.
- If entering as a business entity, at least 25% of the business must be owned by individuals that meet the above qualifications. Individual students and recent grads may also apply.
- Eligible solutions (technologies, products or services) must:
- Incorporate IoT/digitization as part of the solution
- Have a positive social, environmental or economic impact (e.g. health, education, accessibility, critical human needs (food, water, disaster response/recovery, safety, etc.)
$100,000 USD Grand Prize
A single team will be designated the grand prize winner.
$75,000 USD First Runner Up
A single team will be designated first runner up.
$25,000 USD Second Runners Up
Three teams will be designated the Second Runners Up and will receive $25,000 USD each.
$10,000 USD Third Runners Up
Four teams will be designated the Third Runners Up and will receive $10,000 USD each.
$10,000 USD People’s Choice
The finalist entry that receives the most votes will receive the People’s Choice Award.
Applications Close Jan 12 at 5 PM PT
Semi-finalists Invited to Submit
Semi-finalist Submissions Close
Finalists Announced and People’s Choice Voting Opens
People’s Choice Voting Closes
Application Deadline:January 12th 2018
For More Information: