The British Council Alumni Awards celebrate the outstanding achievements of alumni and showcase the impact and value of a UK higher education. Award winners and finalists are leaders in their fields who have used their experience of studying at a UK university to make a positive contribution to their communities, professions and countries.
The Study UK Alumni Awards are open to alumni living outside of the UK only.
Alumni must have studied:
- within the last 15 years (i.e. 2003 or later)
- enrolled at an officially recognised (160 institutions) or listed (650 institutions) UK higher education institution
- at degree level* or above
- either at a UK university in the UK, for a minimum of one term or semester, OR awarded a full UK degree level qualification (or higher), by a recognised or listed UK HEI, outside the UK.
- Opportunities to connect with people of influence at award cerenmonies, and afterwards: Alumni Award winners in India met the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge at the Queen’s 90th birthday party celebrations in Delhi, 2016
- Press and PR opportunities and increased national/regional/global profile: Alumni Award winners have been featured in national newspapers of participating countries, for example the Jakarta Post in Indonesia, and the Daily Graphic in Ghana
- Professional contacts and connections
- Reconnecting with UK university and the UK
- Having a platform to be able to share experiences of UK education/career with others (particularly young people).
All eligible applications will be assessed on the extent to which they meet the following five criteria:
- IMPACT: evidence of tangible impact, and scale of impact, of your work (inspired by your UK education) in your profession/community/society.
- UK INFLUENCE: evidence of how your UK education has played a key influence in your success and impact.
- MEDIA TRACTION: Extent to which your success story is likely to resonate with local/regional/national media in your country of entry, or beyond (global media).
- POTENTIAL TO INFLUENCE AND INSPIRE: Extent to which (including capacity and willingness) you and your story are likely to influence and inspire the next generation of prospective internationally mobile students in your country of entry to choose the UK as their study destination.
- QUALITY OF APPLICATION
Application and Shortlisting Timeline
|4 September 2018||Applications open at 12 midday BST (GMT+1)|
|28 October 2018||Deadline for all nominations except Qatar, deadline is 1 October|
|11 November 2018||Applications close at 23.59 (GMT) for all countries except Qatar, deadline is 15 October|
|November & December 2018||Shortlisting of applications|
|January 2019||Announcement of finalists|
|January to March 2019||National Alumni Award ceremonies (in selected countries – see T&Cs)|
|April 2019||Global Alumni Awards winners announced|
Application Deadline: 28 October 2018
For More Information: