The Allianz Climate Risk Research Award supports scientific research that improves our understanding of climate change-related risks. The 2018 Award focuses on the topic “Climate risk: real-time information and new technologies.”
The Award is intended to support researchers whose research focuses on:
- Reducing the risk of extreme weather events that are intensified by climate change
- Fostering resilience by applying technological solutions
PhD students who are in the final stage of their research and postdoctoral researchers who have recently finished their research, are invited to apply. We welcome individual applications from the fields of natural sciences as well as economic and social sciences.
- Four finalists will receive a monetary award and will be invited to an Award ceremony at Allianz Headquarters in Munich in November 2018 to present their findings and take part in an interactive discussion with renown experts from both industry and academia.
- In addition, Allianz will publish the ten best essays submitted as part of the application in a compendium.
- Assessment by Jury and selection of finalists until 17 September 2018
- The Jury will announce the four finalists and award the certificates and prize money at the Award event in Munich
- University students currently pursuing either a PhD degree or a post-doc, as well as, recent PhD graduates or recent post-doc graduates. (Graduation/defense of final research to obtain title should not be no more than two years before the time of the application)
- Research applicable to focus and topic of Award
- Supporting documents consist of:
- We welcome the four finalists to travel to Munich-Germany for the Award’s event. Allianz Re will cover all travel costs (please refer to FAQ)
- Eagerness to be part of internal and external communication around the Award (e.g. interviews)
Application Deadline: 1 July 2018
For More Information: