The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for the Middle East and North Africa is a fully funded 6-week program (including a 4-week fellowship placement) in the U.S. for young professionals committed to empowering their communities through innovation and entrepreneurship, socially responsible businesses, and workforce development.
- Entrepreneurs, and Social Innovators
- Small & medium business Owners and Managers who are investing in innovative socially conscious products and programs.
- Individuals working in Civil Society/NGOs working on youth workforce training and development, increasing the role of marginalized populations in the economy, building financial literacy, training in technology use and IT development, and other efforts around economic empowerment.
- Individuals working in University incubators, accelerators, and job-readiness programs, and programs focusing on business development, financial literacy, sustainable tourism, or economic development.
- Individuals working in Government Agencies/Ministries, national policy offices, think-tanks, and offices working to increase the presence of underrepresented citizens in the economy.
- 25 – 40 years old
- A current citizen and resident of Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, or Lebanon
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings, presentations, and project work
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- Preference will be given to those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
- Spring 2019 Program: 20 April – 1 June. Open to fellows from Morocco & Tunisia. Application deadline: 1 Dec.
- Fall 2019 Program: 12 October – 23 November. Open to fellows from Algeria, Egypt, Libya & Lebanon. Application deadline: CLOSED. Will open for applicants in Jan 2019
Application Deadline: December 1st 2018
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Professional Fellows Program 2019