- Are you in need of financial assistance to study at a tertiary institution?
- Apply for a National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) study loan or bursary through the Financial Aid Bureaus at your tertiary institution or directly through the online application with the National Student Financial Aid Scheme.
NSFAS is a loan and bursary scheme funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training for those who do not have the financial means to fund their studies and / or cannot access bank funding, study loans or bursaries.
• Grade 12 learners from poor and working class families who cannot afford to pay for their studies
• Eligible students who were not funded in the previous years
For postgraduate studies, only students who plan to do the following postgraduate qualification may apply:
1. B Tech – Architecture/Architectural Technology
2. B Tech – Biokinetics/Biomedical Technology/Biotechnology
3. Postgraduate Certificate in Education
4. Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting, and
A. Before applying you should have decided which course you want to study and at which public university/TVET college. You will need to select these choices in the application form.
Make sure you have electronic (and certified copies) of the following:
- Your South African identity document/card or, an unabridged birth certificate
- IDs of parents and/or guardian (or death certificate where applicable)
- IDs of each person living with you in your home
- Pay advice/letter of employment/pension advice (not older than three months)
- Please download the consent form and fill it in with your parent/guardian’s signatures. Applications without a consent form that is signed by all people whose incomes have been declared in the application will not be accepted, and will be considered as incomplete.
- If you have a disability, please download the Disability Annexure A and fill it in
Application Deadline: November 30, 2018,
For More Information: