The MultiChoice Talent Factory is an Africa-wide, multi-tiered training and experiential learning programme by MultiChoice Africa. It is designed to provide the African creative industry with a platform to learn, develop talent, engage and connect with each other through shared passions.
If you were made for film then we want you! Ignite Africa’s creative industries by applying for a full year of sponsored training with film industry professionals.
If you frame your world through camera angles, narrate reality like a movie script, and edit the montage of your life like a film director, then here’s a flash-forward into your future – MultiChoice Africa is calling all aspiring film directors, DOPs, sound guys, and scriptwriters to help us ignite Africa’s creative industries. Who knows, perhaps one day your name will be rolling across the closing credits on our DStv channels.
In May 2018, on the occasion of Africa Month, we’re launching a call to entry for the MultiChoice Talent Factory (MTF). Multichoice is recruiting aspiring African talent – that’s you – to gain theoretical knowledge and hands-on experience in cinematography, film editing, audio production and storytelling.
MultiChoice Talent Factory graduates will also get to showcase their portfolio of work on the MTF Portal – a database for film professionals across the continent, where they can access job opportunities, keep up to date with industry news, and expand their network.
At MultiChoice Africa, the African entertainment industry is at the core of who we are and what we do. This social investment programme shows our commitment – alongside long-term partnerships with government, stakeholders and creative organisations – to develop Africa’s creative industries into vibrant, economic centres. This is how MultiChoice uses the power of entertainment to enrich lives.
Applicants who hold a qualification must:
- be over 18 years of age;
- be citizens and residents of the countries from which they are selected by MultiChoice to participate in the MTF Academy initiative, namely Angola, Botswana, Ethiopia, Ghana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe;
- be fluent in English in terms of speaking, reading and writing;
- demonstrate passion for the drama, film, television or related media and entertainment industry during selection interviews; and
- have completed a relevant qualification from an accredited and/or recognised tertiary education institution in drama, film, television or a related media field, within the last 2 years. For the avoidance of doubt, the said qualification must be obtained only from a post-secondary education institution which has been accredited or recognised by a relevant registered institution.
- Sixty talented students from 13 African countries will get the chance to hone their film and television production skills alongside industry greats.
- This year-long, funded, programme will be supported by MultiChoice Talent Factory academies hosted in Kenya, Nigeria and Zambia. Students will create quality local content that will be broadcast on our local M-Net channels on the MultiChoice platform.
Application Deadline: 17h00 on 5 July 2018
For More Information: