TOS TV brings you daily news on business, politics, and development. TOS TV aims to become one of the world’s most trusted sources of informative, educational and entertaining news that provides a comprehensive range of high-quality inspirational programming and broadcasting.
TOS TV Network is a fast-rising current affairs station and we want persons who can tell the African story that encourages business between Africans to join our team in the position below:
Job Title: Head of Admin & HR
Department: Admin. & HR
- Developing and implementing human resources policies.
- Supporting strategic objectives.
- Hiring staff and negotiating employment agreements.
- Ensuring compliance with laws and regulations.
- Managing staff wellness and performance reviews.
- Motivating and supporting current staff.
- Maintaining staff records.
- Handling employee benefits.
- Identifying staffing needs and creating job descriptions.
- Designing and directing training programs.
- To ensure that there are sufficient cars, drivers, cameras and live units in operation on any one day to deliver a first class news service.
- To liaise with team leaders to ensure that all necessary equipment is in good working order and available for use.
- To report all requirements and deficiencies to the Assignment Editor and/or the Director of News.
- To ensure that all resources are utilised in the most efficient way possible in order to optimise content for news output. This includes supervising the timing and duration of shoots and liaising regularly with crews and reporters.
- To manage all news rosters, included holidays, leave, assignments and maternity to ensure that all key roles are filled on any one day, including anchors, reporters and producers, as well as cover for team leaders. Sport, business, VT editors, Web and cameras will manage their own rosters in liaison with the post holder.
- To identify opportunities to improve workflows and performance.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or related field
- Proven experience as HR Director
- Thorough knowledge of human resource management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of data analysis and reporting
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Diligent and firm with high ethical standards
- Excellent People Management skills.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations
- Flexible, adaptable, focused, and driven
- Deciding and initiating action: takes initiative and works under own direction;
- A business acumen partnered with attention to the human element
- Full understanding of the way an organization operates to meet its objectives
- Strong negotiation skills.
Application Closing Date
14th August, 2020.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] Use the position title as Subject of your email. Example: Head of Admin & HR