Graduates in science and technology, communications and journalism are invited to apply for a one-year internship programme.
Successful applicants will be placed at community media outlets in identified municipalities in KwaZulu-Natal, Eastern Cape, Free State, Gauteng, Mpumalanga, Northen Cape, North West, Western Cape and Limpopo* to produce material for broadcast, online and/or print media about science, technology and innovation (STI). This will include developing popular articles about specific technologies piloted in communities, as well as innovations developed within communities.
This journalism project is managed by the South African Agency for Science and Technology Advancement, a business unit of the National Research Foundation that focuses on promoting interest in STI.
- A national diploma, BTech or bachelor’s degree in a science-related field or communication/journalism.
- Computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal skills. Writing and/or radio and television skills.
- A driver’s licence would be an advantage.
- Successful applicants will be deployed for a period of up to 12 months to participating host organisations.
- A stipend will be paid to interns per month as follows: National Diploma NQF Level 6 (R 4 500), Bachelor’s Degree / B.Tech NQF Level 7 (R 5 000) and Honours NQF Level 8 (R 5 500).
How to Apply:
Application Deadline: November 23rd 2018
For More Information: