Applications are now open for a postdoctoral fellowship at the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences (AIMS) Tanzania. The DAAD funds this fellowship and welcomes applications from applicants who have recently obtained a PhD in Mathematics.
The DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, self-governing organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
The purpose of the programme is to provide opportunities to post-doctoral mathematicians under the guidance of AIMS, the African Institute for Mathematical Sciences. As a self-governing non-profit trust, which is supported by several universities, AIMS offers postgraduate Programmes to talented students from the African continent. In a similar way, AIMS is extending its offer to Masters and Doctoral Degree Programme in mathematical sciences meeting the need for highly qualified scientists in Africa.
Applicants have to
- have completed their PhD degree not more than six years ago.
- be current or prospective teaching or research staff at a university or research institution in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- be invited by AIMS.
- preferably be nationals of an African country.
What can be funded?
- The scholarship at AIMS Tanzania is available in the following field:
- The fellowship is tenable at AIMS Tanzania.
Duration of the funding
The awards are tenable for a period of up to two years.
The fellowship covers:
- A flat-rate travel allowance: The flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award
- A monthly research allowance of 100 EUR
- A monthly instalment of 1000 EUR
- If a health insurance is compulsory for work and/or visa regulations DAAD will accept the costs for a standard tariff upon submission of receipt of paid invoice.
The scholarship is designed as a subsidy to the scholar’s current salary / study leave income.
Documents to be submitted
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal).
- Curriculum Vitae (please use the europass specimen form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu), including list of publications (if applicable).
- Invitation and nomination by the host institution
- Research proposal (up to 5 pages) including detailed time and work plan which must have been arranged in advance with the host researcher.
- 2 recommendation letters by academic referees.
- PhD certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
- Master’s certificate (certified as true copy of the original certificate).
Closing date for the submission of DAAD scholarship application is the 30th of September, 2018.
For More Information: